Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas!


One of the things that has really been blessing me during this season is that I have been hearing "Merry Christmas" much more than "Happy Holidays" this year while shopping. As a matter of fact, I do not recall any "Happy Holidays" at all this year.

I remember walking up to a check-out counter in early December and the clerk said, "Merry Christmas". I was shocked -- but my shock disappeared quickly as a big smile came over my face, and I replied, "Merry Christmas to you!"

Those encounters with clerks and other employees of many different stores continued throughout the month. Everytime I heard "Merry Christmas" my heart leapt for joy and I knew there was still hope for our culture in America.

The hope wasn't based on employees being allowed to say "Merry Christmas" again, but it was based on Christ, the One who came as a babe 2000 years ago and brought us hope.

The Christ of Christmas is alive in my heart today. My hope is in Him! I pray yours is too. If it is not, please email us, and the Christ of Christmas can become a reality to you. He loves you with an everlasting love and is waiting for you to call upon Him.

May the love of Jesus reach you wherever you are, and may your Christmas be filled with Him.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all our friends and those who are about to become our friends.

With much Love,
Joe, Shirley & Joel

No comments:

Occasionally We have an Item up on Ebay -- Check it out!