Thursday, September 29, 2005

THE BREATH OF I AM

We had a great time of "Prayer" last night at THE ALTAR. I put prayer in quotes because there wasn't much speaking going on through our lips -- but the Great I AM sure was speaking to us. I know He spoke much to me. It was a wonderful time of listening for me.

For the past few weeks Isaiah 30:15 has been big in my spirit. It says, "In repentance and rest is your salvation; in quietness and trust is you strength..." -- Last night was the "rest" part of the equation -- repentance + rest = salvation. It was very restful as I laid on the altar and listened to the Holy Spirit. It truly was a Secret Place of rest under the shadow of the Almighty.

The youth kicked off the prayer time about 6:30 PM. Crying out to God with passion, they prayed up a storm -- a good storm, of course! The adults began streaming into the church from 6:45 on, a few at a time until a mighty army was assembled and ready to do God's bidding.

The CD "The Breath of I AM" was playing and it was literally shaking the house -- the Lord's name be praised! (This instumental CD, by Graham Ord, has been a great tool God has been using in our "Altar" times to spur us on to interceed).

By 7:30 I was feeling this great peace come over me and I heard the Holy Spirit say, "Rest". I was at the altar. Shirley, my wife, was on my left and Joel, my son, was on my right and the Comforter was permeating the room. His presence was thick.

Around 8:30 I could hear in the background that people were beginning to head out to go home for the evening, but I couldn't leave His presence. I knew this peace and this rest was so vital and I needed to soak in it as long as I could. So as a family we stayed. It was a powerful time under His shadow.

We played some praise and worship CDs beginning with "HOLY FIRE" by Paul Wilbur. Our hearts were on the the altar. We raised our hands. We clapped. We cried. We knelt. We worshipped. We laid out on the floor. We walked. We jumped. We danced. Their was such joy -- such unspeakable joy!

At some point we worshipped with the new Love and Fire CD "My Heart Burns for You" cranked and before we realized, it was 11 PM.

What a powerful time of rest. I'm still full of His peace this morning as I write this -- I truly don't want to let go. And as I face whatever this day brings, I know His peace will abide. Thank you Father for Your breath -- continue to breathe on me, my family, and the families of The Love Church both now and evermore, until you decide it's time to split the sky and return for Your Bride -- we're ready Lord Jesus -- even so... come!

No comments:

Occasionally We have an Item up on Ebay -- Check it out!