Friday, June 06, 2008

Charles Carrin Speaks out about Todd Bentley and Lakeland Revival

Courtesy of openheaven.com

Todd Bentley and the
Lakeland, Florida Revival
Todd Bentley and I first met in 2005 when we were speakers at an international Conference at the Toronto Airport Fellowship in Canada. In spite of the tattoos and other remnants of his former life as a biker, drug-user, alcoholic, convict, etc., etc., I immediately knew Todd was a genuinely born-again, saved, anointed servant of God. Like the rest of us, he is still very much a man, is subject to human failure, and needs the counsel of others around him. Even so, I do not question that he is called of God, anointed by the Holy Spirit, and experiencing phenomenal words of knowledge and gifts of healing. I personally know people who experienced amazing healings at the Lakeland Revival. While Todd’s unorthodoxy and lack of theological training brings an enormous challenge to traditional Christianity, I believe it was to help us adapt to such situations that Paul wrote:
"God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, has God chosen, yes, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence." 1 Corinthians 1:27-30.
I also remember God’s warning: "Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm!" I Chronicles 16:22. Amen!
Charles Carrin Ministries

Charles Carrin

Charles Carrin preaching at
Westminster Chapel, London

No comments:

Occasionally We have an Item up on Ebay -- Check it out!