Friday, October 07, 2005

PRAYING HEAVEN DOWN Part 1

I've recently been reading a book with my family called "WHEN HEAVEN INVADES EARTH" . It's "A Practical Guide to a Life of Miracles" by Bill Johnson. You can find it for a 21% discount in our bookstore at http://www.loveandfire.net/ (then click on the menu item "Music and Bookstore").

I would highly recommend it because most of us live with some unbelief. We can believe Jesus' blood can save us and give us entrance to heaven, but when it comes to healing and things like that... "Well, if it's God's will..." Jesus rebuked the disciples for their unbelief (lack of faith). I know He's rebuked me many times for it -- but inspite of my unbelief at times, I still keep on praying for the miracles and healing power of Jesus Christ to be evident in my life as it was in the life of Christ. But how much more would those prayers be answered if they were given from a heart filled with Faith (the kind of God-Faith that Jesus had while He walked as a man)? I'm not there but I desire to be there -- for the sake of His Kingdom and the life it can bring to people!


We're currently reading Chapter 5, "Praying Heaven Down". The chapter opens with two quotes. The first is from a book by Albert Hibbert about Smith Wigglesworth called The Secret of His Power.
"If you want anything from God, you will have to pray into heaven. That is where it all is. If you live in the earth realm and expect to receive from God, you will never get anything."
It's the "praying into heaven" words that leaped out to me.

The second quote is from John G. Lake's book titled "His Sermons, His Boldness of Faith".
"The Church has been negligent in one thing... she has not prayed the power of God out of heaven."

Whew! Praying "into heaven" and receiving God's power "out of heaven". Show me what that's all about Lord! Infuse me with your power out of heaven. Give me faith Lord -- without wavering so I can be used to bring life.

No comments:

Occasionally We have an Item up on Ebay -- Check it out!