Sunday, October 09, 2005

TODAY IS A VERY SPECIAL DAY
by Joe Cuda

On October 9, 1987 I met the love of my life. That was 18 years ago today!

It seems like such a short time ago. There I was sitting in the Officers Club in Gelnhausen, West Germany when she walked into the room. This was the first time I had ever seen her before and I immediately knew she was the one I wanted to marry.




We were introduced by a mutual friend as she joined us at the table. What a lovely name, Shirley, it was as if I was in a dream -- or even like floating on a cloud. What a wonderful evening we had after dinner strolling through the coblestone streets of this beautiful old German town. We shared about each others family background and discovered we were both born the fourth child of five children, and we were both raised in Pentecostal churches.




We Met in Gelnhausen, W. Germany

I knew my God-given destiny was wrapped up in this beautiful little lady. We were married the following year and have served Jesus together every day since. She has been a faithful wife, lover, and friend -- the desire of my heart.

In 1993 He blessed us with the best son a father and mother could have ever desired. We named him Joel because He is a "Declarer of God" and God is using him in a mighty way for His Kingdom work! And to think it all began with just one look -- that's all it took and I was hooked on this day 18 years ago. Thank you Jesus!


So when all is said and done my love -- come away with me my fair one... come away. I love you Shirley Cuda... with all my heart. You have blessed me more than I could've ever imagined. Thank you for 18 wonderful years.

All My Love,

Joseph

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Is this the Joe Cuda who was in the Army with Ray N. at Fort Stewart? This is Bonnie. I have been saved through the precious blood of Christ since Christmas Eve 1994. How can I contact you?

Occasionally We have an Item up on Ebay -- Check it out!