Wednesday, October 12, 2005

RISKY OBEDIENCE

Last night I had an opportunity for some "risky obedience". It was "The Altar" night and the youth had already began praying fervantly, crying out to see God. I was in my office at the sanctuary preparing to go to the prayer time.

A young man by the name of Jason and his girlfriend came in to my office. He described to me how he had dislocated his shoulder. It was very painful from time to time. He had it in a sling. He had not been able to work since his arm got messed up. Then he explained to me how we were his last resort for helping him to get some money so he could buy two perscriptions he needed for the pain until he could have surgery. I believed him to be sincere, but the church at the moment is in tough times financially speaking, so there were no funds to draw on.

I did tell him that I could do something though, if he was willing. I told him what Peter said to the man who needed to be healed, "Silver and gold have I none, but such as I have I give to you". And then how Peter prayed and the man was healed. Then I told Him I could pray for him to be healed. He said that would be fine. I asked him if he knew Jesus as Lord and he said he was saved.

A few of our prayer warriors joined in with me. We prayed into heaven for Jason that night with faith, believing that he would walk out of the church completly healed. It was "risky obedience" because I could've just said, "Sorry Jason, no money here -- goodbye, I'll pray for you sometime". But I didn't. Thank God I took the risk of going out on a limb and prayed a bold prayer... and faith began growing in me even as I prayed.

There are no dislocated shoulders in heaven -- no pain. And I was believing for an "as in heaven, so on earth" experience. Unfortunatly, it was not to be, at least not immediate. Jason (as far as I know) did not receive his healing before He left -- but that will not stop me from praying and believing for healing at my next opportunity -- I am going to keep doing "Risky Obedience" for my King, Jesus, until He returns!! Won't you join me?

No comments:

Occasionally We have an Item up on Ebay -- Check it out!