Monday, October 10, 2005


REPENT TO SEE

Chapter 3, "Repent to See", from the book "WHEN HEAVEN INVADES EARTH" is where I am right now and where our church body is right now. Since June the Holy Spirit has been speaking this strongly to us and He has been moving powerfully in our midst as we have been obedient to His call.

I have been reading this book with my family. The subtitle is "A Practical Guide to a Life of Miracles" and it is written by Bill Johnson. I believe the Holy Spirit brought it to my attention and there is something He has for me, my family, and the families of our church in it. It has been a treasure of revelation since we began it last week. You can find it for a 21% discount in our bookstore at http://www.loveandfire.net/ (then click on the menu item "Music and Bookstore").

Chapter 3 opens up with, "Most Christians repent enough to be forgiven, but not enough to see the Kingdom." The author goes on to say, "Repentance means you change your way of thinking... This is not just a heavenly mandate to have happy thoughts. Obeying this command is possible only for those who surrender to the grace of God. The renewed mind is the result of a surrendered heart."

I have been in a time of surrendering things to God and He has been renewing my mind about many areas in my life. He has been changing me as I have been surrendering. The cry of my heart has been "ALL OF ME FOR ALL OF YOU" -- and as I surrender areas of my heart to Him He gives me more of Himself to replace those areas with. It has definitely been a great exchange. I don't want to go back to the old Joe. I was living my life for Jesus (I thought) but there is a new definition for what "I live for You" means.

Repent and see His Kingdom realized in Spirit and in Truth!

No comments:

Occasionally We have an Item up on Ebay -- Check it out!