Friday, October 07, 2005

PRAYING HEAVEN DOWN Part 2

"WHEN HEAVEN INVADES EARTH" is "A Practical Guide to a Life of Miracles" by Bill Johnson. I would highly recommend it. I have been reading it with my family for the past week. It's an easy read, but is greatly challenging our lack of faith (even though we thought we had faith) to believe God for miracles. Faith is beginning to grow in us -- but it is only a start. You can find it for a 21% discount in our bookstore at http://www.loveandfire.net/ (then click on the menu item "Music and Bookstore").

Yesterday I was writing about Chapter 5, "Praying Heaven Down". In it, the author talks about Jesus' model prayer. He concludes that the prayer can be broken down into 3 parts:

1. Praise & Worship
2. Praying for Heaven on Earth
a. Heaven's effect on material needs
b. Heaven's effect on personal relationships
c. Heaven's effect on our relationship to evil
3. Praise & Worship

This prayer is truly about the Kingdom of God and when we pray as in His example heaven will invade earth. Even though I have known this basic theology for years, it is beginning to come alive in me. God keep that measure of faith you have put in me growing until it crowds out all unbelief. That's what I want in my life Lord. Sometimes it's easier than others, but my prayer is to have consistent faith in You Jesus, and that I would ride HIGH IN THE HEAVENS with Your Holy Spirit so that I can minister healing & deliverance LOW IN THE EARTH!

I wanted to mention one more thing that leaped out at me on the page as I was reading this chapter with Shirley and Joel: "We often pray in the place of risky obedience". That was a big ouch of conviction from the Holy Spirit for me... but more on that tomorrow if I get time.

No comments:

Occasionally We have an Item up on Ebay -- Check it out!